West of Denver in the foothills lays the community of Evergreen, a desirable location for those wanting to live in the mountains and commute to Denver. There are about 9,000 residents in the city of Evergreen and the surrounding community allows you the feeling that you are really in the mountains, but just a short drive from downtown Denver.
Located 30 miles from Downtown Denver, Evergreen is a quiet, picturesque mountain community cradled in the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of about 7,000 feet. Within commuting distance of the city, Evergreen comes complete with free roaming wildlife and fragrant forest beginning at the base of one of Colorado’s “fourteeners,” Mount Evans. In Evergreen we like to say, “Minutes away… a world apart.”
At an elevation of 7,200 feet, Evergreen offers an array of parks, art galleries, theater, restaurants, entertainment, and a variety of outdoor activities. Evergreen is situated close to Colorado’s Denver, while still attaining a mountain town feeling. Evergreen Lake was voted one of the top ten most scenic for ice skating in the world and it is bordered by mountain parks with miles of trails.
This town was formerly a Ute and Arapaho hunting ground until white settlers homesteaded here around 1860. Its ranches and farms fed Denver’s burgeoning population and its forests supplied the city with lumber. However, Evergreen’s beauty has been its most lasting resource. Celebrities such as Greta Garbo and Teddy Roosevelt escaped to the lush resorts here, leaving behind colorful tales and mementos.
In the small Rocky Mountain town of Evergreen, Colorado, the landscape is dominated by forest-covered hills, glistening Alpine lakes and, depending on the season, sweeping green fields dotted with wildflowers. While the rustic setting lends itself to a host of outdoor recreational activities, the bustling downtown region also provides visitors with boutique shops, gourmet eateries and venues dedicated to the arts.
Evergreen is known as the “Ponderosa Capitol of the World” because of the profusion of these stately trees in our area.
THINGS TO DO IN EVERGREEN
- Evergreen boasts an eclectic community and a rich cultural existence — local theater, arts, music and fine dining. For recreation, jog up to Evergreen Lake. This pristine jewel offers boating and picnicking in the summer, ice-skating in the winter and fishing year-round. Camping, hiking, fishing and more are offered through Jefferson County Open Space.Civilization offers its own temptations: the scenic Evergreen Golf Course, attractive galleries, shops, eateries, museums and nightspots. Whether you like to relax in an armchair opposite a roaring fire or prefer a breathless climb through nearby hills, Evergreen has it all.
- Evergreen Park & Recreation District: Evergreen Lake Park
- Evergreen Park & Recreation District: Buchanan Park
- Evergreen Rodeo
- Jefferson County, Colorado: Alderfer/Three Sisters Park
- Summit Post: Evergreen Mountain
- Center for the Arts Evergreen
- Evergreen Fine Arts Festival
- Jefferson County, Colorado: Hiwan Homestead Museum
- Big E Game Ranch
- Evergreen Park & Recreation District: Evergreen Lake House
Evergreen, Colorado Homes
Evergreen, Colorado Homes for Sale
WEATHER IN EVERGREEN
- The highest monthly average temperature in Evergreen for July is 80 degrees.
- The lowest monthly average temperature in Evergreen for December is 35 degrees.
- The most monthly precipitation in Evergreen occurs in January with 0 inches.
- The air quality index in Evergreen is 8% worse than the national average.
- The pollution index in Evergreen is 63% better than the national average.
Evergreen, Colorado Homes
Evergreen, Colorado Homes For Sale
The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® Real estate listings held by brokers other than Dynamic Properties of Colorado are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified. Full IDX Disclaimer. DMCA.